My journey away from Islam Part 1

My journey away from Islam    Part 1
It’s been quite a journey for me to get here and I so I do apologise if I don’t go into full detail, however, my struggle out of Islam has taken me on a long narrow path to intellectual enlightenment and meaning for life. For the past 23 years I’ve been a moderate (if there is ever such a thing) Muslim compared to my extended family as I had the privilege of growing up in a secular country. What I mean when I describe myself as a ‘moderate Muslim’ is by the standard average regular Muslim that you might see or know. The one who prays, fasts during Ramadan and celebrates Eid but has never read the sharia law or the hadith in detail. I admit it, I was naive and unaware of the fundamental principles of Islam and the reason for it was because I inherited my religion as I suspect most Muslims have. I was never given the opportunity to really question what it means to be a Muslim and why I believed the things I do. It was ‘you’re a Muslim, Prophet Mohamed is the last messenger, you have to pray 5 times a day and fast’ and you can’t colour between the lines. It was a robotic cycle of what I was brainwashed to believe if I was to ever escape from burning in the everlasting hellfire. So for 23 years I allowed myself to be lied to until I went to Somalia. Everything changed. I changed.
It’s funny looking back to my first day coming to Somalia how many rules I violated. I was the only person without a hijab or a long abaya on. For those of you who aren’t familiar what an abaya is, it’s a long traditional dress that’s often black and very long. It kinda reminds me of the Harry Potter cloaks but minus the wand and magic. Nowadays, you may have seen some abaya’s that are bright in colour or the new kinds with a lot of lace on them to make it look extra fancy. That’s today’s so-called modern Muslim feminist trying to push their agenda to dull the masses into thinking that such clothes are fact ‘liberating’ rather than ‘oppressing’ them but, hey what do I know, right?
 So, let me take it back to when I was on the plane. So far, no one looked at me funny so I didn’t think anything of it. Little did I know what a mistake I was making. Once I got off the plane and made my way through the terminal doors every single person had their eyes on me. I tried distracting myself as I waited for my bags but I can feel a million eyes burn into me and I felt powerless. I became uncomfortable in my own body and wanted to nothing more than to disappear. Whilst I was racking my brain on why Somali men act like wild animals compared to their male counterparts around the world, I felt a tight grab on my upper arm. I turn to look who it was and luckily it was only my uncle.
‘Stand at the back, I will get your bags’ was all he said. There were no hugs or any ‘How’s the flight?’ There was no warmth or joy in his tone and I got the feeling he didn’t like my presence at all. I gave up trying to create a conversation with him and decided to walk towards the back to where the rest of my family was waiting…







Watch out for more weekly Blogs and don't forget to comment and share!

Comments

  1. People who are potential atheist

    1) An angry person

    2) A person with depression

    3) A rebellious person who cant obey God's order

    4) A LGBTQ person

    5) A person who lost loved one

    6) A person who want guilt-free sex from religious dogma

    7) A person who has lots of money

    8) A person who think they knows everything in the universe

    9) A person who think science has answer for everything

    10) A person who think God is a eight foot tall white man with white beard

    11) A person with low IQ

    12) A person who has FAITH in scientists

    13) A person who think they can refute anything

    14) A person who is having hardship in life and he/she blame on God

    15) A person who think religion cause war, bloodshed and atheists will bring peace on earth

    16) A person who want to see God as evidence for his existence

    17) A person who think earth is a magical land who can gave birth to life

    18) A person who think being an atheist makes them free-thinker, skeptical, rationalist, logical and an intelligent being

    19) A prideful person whether pride of higher education, pride of money, pride of celebrity statues

    20) A person who is a LIAR, a DISHONEST and not HUMBLED

    Conclusion: All human faced doubt about existence of God but only a Liar remain atheist

    Atheists Biggest Arguments Against God

    1) Science work therefore God does not exist

    2) Evolution is true therefore God does not exist

    3) There are too many Gods therefore YOUR God does not exist

    4) Pain and suffering therefore God does not exist

    5) We atheists love science and Believers in God hates science therefore God does not exist

    6) The big bang is the creator of the universe therefore God does not exist

    7) We are all apes therefore God does not exist

    8) We admitted there is a gap in the science therefore God of gap does not exist

    9) We don't see God and we don't see multiverse BUT we believe in multiverse without evidence but
    not God

    10) Every living creature is a fish therefore God does not exist

    11) Richard Dawkins: Alien may have created life on the earth therefore YOUR God does not exist

    12) Do you believe in Leprechaun, Zeus, Santa Claus, Krishna and Fairy-tale?... NO.......therefore YOUR God does not exist

    13) The Holy Trinity does not makes sense therefore God does not exist

    The Dogma of ATHEIST

    The belief that there was once absolutely nothing. And nothing happened to the nothing until then nothing magically exploded (for no reason), creating everything and everywhere. Then a bunch of the exploded everything magically rearranged itself (for no reason whatsoever), into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

    * The Holy Trinity is the (MAIN) cause of atheism in the west

    * The sexual immorality in the west also causing atheism

    * Atheists do not have purpose in life like your prime mates except to generate (offspring) according to atheist's theory of evolution.

    * Atheist invented the theory of evolution as alternative to God's creation to justified their disbelieve in God

    * Atheist NEVER had their own civilization

    * Atheist's favorite science, evolution and abiogenesis.

    * All atheists MUST believe in the theory of evolution as alternative to God's creation

    * God can create life ANY method he likes that included by evolution, remember God can create life
    INSTANT in split second

    Genesis of God

    Atheist asked who created God?

    Does God have to be created being?

    Couldn't God be evolved from 2 cosmic cell in 2000 trillions years by natural-selection ?
    The magic WORD is 2000 trillions years AND natural-selection

    Syed Muhammed Kope

    Why do i believe in Prime Mover?
    I believe in Prime Mover because NOTHING can create life on the earth beside Prime Mover....NOW you have to disprove my challenge

    Theist will continue to believe in God UNTIL you intelligent atheist disprove existence of God.

    The ball is in your court
    * Please read my blog....https://reformingmuslimnotislam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. First of all i would like to correct you on a few things. Not once did i say i reject the notion of God or a higher being so your long ass post is kinda pointless. Secondly, I said i reject Islam as the one true religion because it doesn't take a genius to figure it out the bullshit and archaic belief systems it promotes. Islam and the teachings of Muhammed point out that the Quran is universal throughout time and it can't be reformed. We know that can't work in today's society because if it was applied to the modern era, we would still have sex slaves, slavery, public beheadings and oh, not to mention the normaliazation of pedophile *sips tea*.
    But let me address your issue defending Islam as the one true religion and how "beautiful" it is. There is nothing beautiful about a totalitarian religion hell bent on conquering the world with its barbaric doctrines and don't get me started on what happens if you refuse to drink from the kool aid. There is no room for other religions to grow which rises the issue of is Islam a tolerant religion? and we all know what the answer is to that one.
    It kinda links in with the next material i'm writing, is Islam inherently violent? so stay tuned to read something actually factual rather than some bull**** about how cute and cuddly Islam is.
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts